PERM. REG-D SHETLAND SHEEPDOGS
BUYER(S) Address City Postal Code Home Phone CKC Member (Yes/No) Membership # Referred By
CKC Litter # Date Whelped Sire Call Name Sire's CKC Registration # AKC Registration # Colour Dam Call Name Dam's CKC Registration # AKC Registration # Colour Dog's Registered Name Call Name CKC Registration # (if avail) AKC Registration # Colour Tattoo # Markings Purchase Price Paid as follows
THE BREEDER/VENDOR ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES AS FOLLOWS:
1 That both parents of this dog are registered SHETLAND SHEEPDOGS and that this dog is or will be registered in Canada with the Canadian Kennel Club by the BREEDER/VENDOR as specified in the ANIMAL PEDIGREE ACT, 1988, and that, also in accordance with this Act, there will be no additional charge to the BUYER(S) for such registration;
2. That the individual registration certificate for this dog will be given or forwarded to the BUYER(S) by the BREEDER/VENDOR as soon as the transaction is recorded and processed by the Canadian Kennel Club;
3. That this dog and the sire/dam of this dog have been examined by a certified veterinary ophthalmologist and found to be free from Sheltie Eye Syndrome, Progressive Retinal Atrophy and other hereditary eye defects;
4. That the sire and dam have been radiographed and certified free of evidence of hip dysplasia by specialists at the Ontario Veterinary College and/or the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (United States);
5. That this dog and its sire/dam have been tested for Von Willebrandts Disease (a hereditary blood clotting disorder), with the following results:
6. That both parents of this dog were in excellent health and condition at time of breeding, and that the dam was maintained on a carefully monitored diet and exercise program both before and during pregnancy to prot-note optimum development in her puppies;
7. That this dog has been examined by a veterinarian prior to sale and found to be in good health; and that to the best of the BREEDER'S/VENDOR'S knowledge, this dog at time of sale is free from internal/external parasites, injury, disease or hereditary defect or disability. The required vaccinations and wormings are as recorded on the attached health record. The BUYER is urged to have the dog examined by his/her own veterinarian within 72 hours of receiving this dog; if the veterinarian questions the health or condition of the dog, the dog may be returned to the BREEDER/VENDOR for a full refund;
8. That should this dog develop any disabling condition which a licenced veterinarian will certify is of likely hereditary origin and renders the dog unsuitable to be a pet, the BREEDOR/VENDOR will, upon receipt of the appropriate documents from the veterinarian, accept return of the dog and either replace the dog with one of similar value or refund the initial purchase price;
9. The PALISADES SHETLAND SHEEPDOG has been bred for intelligence and soundness of disposition as well as beauty and soundness of body. This dog has been handled daily since birth and carefully socialized with the express purpose of fostering an intelligent, confident and loving temperament. This dog has been systematically exposed to young children, household appliances, loud noises, other dogs, cats, car travel, strange people and new places. The BREEDER/VENDOR guarantees that this dog is neither innately shy nor aggressive. Wariness and caution towards new people, places and events is a normal breed characteristic of the Shetland Sheepdog; a temperamentally sound dog may exhibit hesitation and uncertainty but should quickly adapt to new surroundings. Should the BUYER question the temperamental soundness of this dog, he/she must so inform the BREEDERIVENDOR within ONE WEEK of receiving it. Unless the BREEDER/VENDOR deems the problem to be one of improper handling, she will replace the puppy with another of equal value or re-purchase the puppy from the BUYER;
10. To be of ongoing assistance to the BUYER(S) with such practical concerns as housebreaking, training, grooming, show preparation, diet and exercise routines, ear training, travelling and the like;
1 1. That although the BREEDOR/VENDOR will attempt to grade the litter for future potential, such grading must be considered an educated guess, and for this reason the BREEDOR/VENDOR cannot guarantee that a puppy selected for show/breeding potential will mature to reach these expectations.
THE BUYER(S) ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. To provide the necessary requirements for the dog e.g. warm and clean indoor quarters, good nutrition as outlined in attached feeding schedule and guidelines, regular exercise, annual veterinary checkups, protective inoculations and boosters, and veterinary care as required;
2. To provide a safely enclosed outdoor exercise area for this dog, such as a securely fenced yard, kennel run or exercise pen where the dog may be safely left unsupervised for short periods of time, and under no circumstances to allow this dog to roam at large;
3. If this dog is a puppy, to train it sufficiently for it to mature into a well-mannered canine citizen who will be an ambassador for its breed rather than a public nuisance, and to exercise responsible supervision of this dog;
4. To allow the BREEDER/VENDOR first refusal to either re-purchase this dog or to find a suitable home for this dog should it become necessary that this dog be sold or given away. The BUYER(S) further agree(s) not to give or sell this dog, nor any get of this dog, to any pet shop, puppy mill or animal wholesaler;
5. To inform the BREEDER/VENDOR of any serious health or behaviour problems with this dog, should any such arise regardless of whether they are deemed to be of hereditary origin. Such feedback and information sharing is essential to maintaining and improving the heath and temperament standards of the breed;
6. That the BREEDER/VENDOR is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the BUYER after the dog is in the BUYER'S possession unless such have been previously agreed to in writing.
FAILURE OF THE BUYER(S) TO COMPLY WITH PARAGRAPHS 1-6 CONSTITUTES JUST CAUSE AND AUTHORIZES THE BRFFDER/VENDOR TO RECLAIM THE DOG FROM THE BUYER(S), TOGETHER WITH ALL REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS TRANSFERRING OWNERSHIP TO THE BREEDER/VENDOR.
THIS CONTRACT AND ITS TERMS ARE FOR THE BENEFIT OF EACH INDIVIDUAL DOG UNDER IT, AND TO PREVENT THE EXPLOITATION OF THE SHETLAND SHEEPDOG THROUGH UNSELECTIVE BREEDING PROGRAMS AND PRACTICES.
The BUYER(S) and BREEDER/VENDOR have read the conditions of sale and understand and agree to all conditions as indicated by their signatures below, this (date) day of (month), (year).
The Holistic Sheltie | Breed Info | Breeding Program | Links | Search our site | Contract | Boarding Info | Email Us!
|Copyright © 1997 Palisades Kennels|
|This site created by: WEBFeat!!||Last edited: Monday, January 05, 1998|